Well, look at that! As soon as I started getting treatment it got better. Lucky! That means I can make this annual post after all!
So Happy New Year everyone! And happy new decade as well! I’m turning 30 this year, meaning I’ve been blogging for 14 years in about half a year. Wild. When I turn 32, I’ve been blogging for half of my life. That’s even wilder.
Let’s start by looking back at the previous year. How did I do with my goals?
Reading Goal: 50 books
This didn’t go very well, but partially that’s because I spent about 4 months writing fiction instead of consuming it, and there’s also the issue with my health. I just couldn’t balance thing as I wanted because I didn’t have the structure I needed. I hate to say it, but even excluding my health, it was also a lot in the hands of someone else. I ended up at 52 unique books, including comics, on Goodreads. This isn’t entirely true because I read some children’s books I never added into it.
- I ended up forgetting about the alphabetical books.
- I registered 5/20 children’s books, but it should have been 7-10. So I didn’t do great.
- I did read 50+ books though, even though it wasn’t the right ones.
Post more batches
In 2018 I post three batches, in 2019 five. Improvement! I would have liked to do better when I wrote my first five batches in 2014 though. I did keep them out of the regular schedule, so that was great! I’d say I cleared this one.
Finish 1 game
Definitely cleared this one! I reviewed three games and a demo.
Widen my view
I wanted to review a few new things since my blog has very much been dominated by anime and some comics and games. I had some subgoals and I cleared:
- 1+ drama CD, 1+ music CD: I count the Marginal #4 CD as both drama and music, since it was a single with a mini-drama.
- 2-3+ streaming and/or reading services: I reviewed Crunchyroll Manga and Toomics.
- 1+ game: I reviewed four, including the demo
I didn’t clear
- More western material: I don’t think I did.
- 2+ visual novels: It was just one.
- 1+ anime from each ongoing season: Haha, nope.
- Post more extra material on Patreon for my patrons: Didn’t happen too often.
- Post more on Instagram: Yeah, no…
- Livetweet regularly: This wasn’t regularly but I think I did better?
It wasn’t a great year, but I did pretty decently!
So what will my goals be this year then?
Because my life is as it is, with my web novel and a varying amount of fatigue I’ve decided to just keep up posting.
And I’ll try to share how things are going relating to my web novel. Which you can find here, if you’re interested! I post it every other Wednesday with the first chapter of the year in a few days (January 8th)!
I’m also working on a side story, which can be found password protected on my personal blog. All posts on my personal blog are pw protected actually, but I give the password out to friends and people following my private Twitter account. Your best bet to get the passwords is to follow my account.
So… For now, I’m focusing on getting a few months ahead so instead of schedule January and forward, I’m scheduling posts March, April, May, February, January, and then June forward. Hopefully, I’ll have my posts ready before the last Sunday this month, but we can only see if I make it. I will post batch posts and some “unscheduled” (set to Friday and/or Sunday) posts outside the regular schedule. Batch posts are as always posts with 4-6 titles within a category or theme, and other posts might be recently released titles. Games will still be older releases, but books, comics and anime should be things I can fairly easily access to post more frequently.
Thank you for supporting me through 2019, and I hope you will support me for another year, or even another decade.