Goodness! I haven’t posted all that much lately, have I? But there was a review not too long ago, at least. It was rather quiet before that though…
Either way, my blogoversary just passed last month, and my birthday was today (August 9th), so I wanted to hold a giveaway! I also said last year that I would hold one, and it’s about time, isn’t it?
This time I’m giving away 4 copies in total — 2 copies of 2 different titles: The Living Waters by Dan Fitzgerald and Young King Arthur And The Round Table Knights by Cara Aisling.
The Living Waters is a sword-free fantasy novel and book 1 in the Weirdwater Confluence Duology. It’s about two nobles going on an adventure and features LGBTQ characters and meditation magic. As much as I adore this story, I never got around to review it because of my poor health. I promise I’ll get to it. Soon ™. As soon as I do, assuming I do it before the end of the giveaway, I’ll make sure to link it! Keep an eye on my Twitter for an update.
Young King Arthur is on the other end of the spectrum. I never shut up about it. In this Arthurian novel, we get to follow Arthur as he begins his journey to become a grey king, coming from the humble origins of being a baker. Merlin is one of the best characters ever and I will never shut up about that fact. There is also a manga version in the works, as well as a game. Very exciting!
I will give away 2 copies of each, one to 4 separate winners, which will be chosen at random. First prize winners get two choose a book, and the second prize winners get the one left for the platform they were chosen for.
Read more for further details on how to enter and the rules regarding them.
How to Enter
You can enter both through Twitter and my blog. Only one of the following is required but you can do both. Each counts as one entry.
- Comment on this post with your favourite book character who is a mage, sorcerer, wizard, witch or any other kind of magic user.
- Retweet the announcement Tweet
If you want extra entries, there are 4 ways to up your chances:
- Like this blog post
- Follow this blog on WordPress
- Reply to the announcements on Twitter with your favourite fantasy creatures.
- Follow @theannyblog on Twitter
The following won’t count but are still appreciated:
- Quote Retweets
- Sharing this post to other platforms
- Follow @DanFitzWrites on Twitter or Instagram
- Follow @Cara_Aisling on Twitter
The Rules, Terms & Conditions
- You have to be a legal adult or have consent from your legal guardian.
- The giveaway closes at 22:55 (10:55 pm) Central European Summer Time (equivalent to GMT+2) on September 9, 2022.
- You can’t use several accounts to increase the chances of winning. If I find out, I will disqualify all of the entries by the offender.
- The four (4) winners are chosen at random, two from each platform. and the first one drawn on each will get to choose a book. If the second drawn on either platform doesn’t want to have the book that’s left, I will draw a new winner in their place. One winner can’t win twice. Would that happen to be the case, the winner will still only receive one book, and a new winner will be chosen in their place.
- I will contact the 1st prize winners within one (1) week, and you have one (1) week to claim the prize. Once the first prizes have been claimed, I will
- You are required to give me your name and address, which is one of the reasons minors need consent from their legal guardian. Make sure this address is correct.
- The giveaway is open to any country that Book Depository ships to. In case a book is not available on Book Depository when all books have been claimed for whatever reason, I will find an alternative, don’t worry.
- The books will be paperback.
- Retweets, likes, etc, only count on public accounts, and giveaway accounts will be disqualified.
- I will contact the winner through provided email (blog posts) or DMs (Twitter), so provide a functional email address or keep your DMs open after the giveaway closes. Also, make sure that theannyblog @ gmail.com won’t end up in the spam folder.
- Be nice to each other.
- I will announce on Twitter as each book is claimed, as well as when they have been sent out. Winners will remain anonymous.
- Once the books are sent out, I am not to be held liable for any lost package or potential damage to the books in shipping. If there’s no tracking, that’s also not to be considered my responsibility. I pay for the book and any shipping costs, that’s it.
- I will at the earliest buy the books on October 9th.
- This giveaway is not sponsored by any individual or company other than me, Anny, for the purpose of celebrating my birthday.
With that said, let’s start this party!