This page includes the following
- Prices & Samples
- How to Commission
- What I Will Draw/Paint
- Terms & Policy
- Commission Form
PRICES AND SAMPLES
Illustrations & Projects
I have an hourly rate of 50€/hour for any options not listed elsewhere or is any of the following:
- Book cover
- Chapter illustrations (small or big)
I have an hourly rate of 45€/hours for characters designs. Character designs mean there are no visuals or similarly of the character, or a character needs an overhaul. I will not do this for the set-price commissions, unless you pay for both the set-price and the character design rate.
Coloured sketches are relatively clean and have some basic colours on them. They may have some details, but are generally not extremely detailed, and smaller details are often nothing more than general shapes.
- Bust-up: 40€
- Waist up: 60€
- Full-body: 100€
I have two full-colour options. This is for fully coloured art, but not necessarily extremely detailed.
- Bust-up: 80€
- Waist-up: 120€
- Full-body: 150€
This is the second option. Detailed lace covering a large area, lots of jewellery or pearls, design details on buttons and similar fall in here. So does complex hairstyle, such as lots of small braids if you want them more detailed. Details often take a lot of extra time.
- Bust-up: 100€
- Waist-up: 150€
- Full-body: 200€
Couples and Groups
Couples and groups are 75% of price/per character; examples follow:
- Couple in sketch waist-up: 90€
- Group of 5 complete art bust-up: 300€
- Couple in detailed full-body: 300€
- Backgrounds: By default, the background for the set-price commissions is a single colour, or no background at all if preferred. I can draw a background for a negotiable fee.
- Logos: If your property or otherwise free to use, I can add logos for free, if a file to use exists. If I need to draw one, I will do it for a negotiable fee.
HOW TO COMMISSION
You can contact me about the commission in several ways:
- Email to annyborg[at]vivaldi.net with the subject line Commission
- Email to theannyblog[at]gmail.com with the subject line Commission
- @ me at Twitter
- Message me on Line (danderedere)
- Fill in the form at the bottom of this page (set price commissions only)
When you contact me, I wish to receive the following (not required):
- A description of your idea
- Your idea visually; it can be stick figures or just shapes, that’s cool
- For set-price commissions: References of characters, or at least visuals, even if there is no character art; other characters, images of clothing, etc., will be helpful
- For character designs: Written description, preferably detailed with personality
- For illustrations: References, visuals and/or written descriptions
WHAT I DRAW/PAINT
If not listed below, you can always ask. I do have things I don’t draw.
- Single characters
- Character art
- Original characters
- My characters
- Real people (friends, family, etc)
- Technology (complex tech will take time)
- Book illustrations
- Traditional (acrylics, watercolour, markers, pencils, pastels)
WHAT I DON’T DRAW/PAINT
This list might grow if I get questions. I may also make it more specific in the future. Don’t be afraid to ask if I’m fine drawing something, as there’s always a grey area somewhere.
- 18+ material
- Very gory things
- Discriminatory artwork
TERMS & POLICY OF SERVICE
- There is always a 40€/sketch down payment for set price commissions and 50€/sketch for projects, character designs and illustrations. Once I finish the piece(s), the remaining cost is paid.
- Instalments are possible; I understand not all can pay large sums right away and hence will individually make a plan, but a general guide is a 10 % increase in cost.
- I mainly take payments through PayPal, and I will usually send an invoice.
- You can also pay through Ko-fi, but note that
– Down payment will be 14 coffees (42€) for set-price commissions and 17 coffees (51€) for projects and illustrations.
– You need to pay with a number of coffees that cover the price, even if that results in 1-2€ more. You cannot round down.
- I have the right to change fees at any times, but the Commissioner pays the price it was at the time of commission.
- Prices may be negotiable.
- I will draw a rough sketch for you and change it until you accept it. Note that rough sketches are not detailed. They are to give an idea of what the work will look like and does not include colour.
- Expect that I need a minimum of 1 week after I begin and at most 2 months/artwork.
- I will update regularly on the process. This generally happens on Fridays unless Commissioner contacts me other days, or I happen to be ill.
Usage of art
- We will decide the artwork can be used for. The Commissioner can ask at a later date for additional use, if desired. This applies to both commercial and non-commercial work.
- The Commissioner is not to sell non-commercial work without explicit written permission. Commercial work is to be used only for the purpose it’s been drawn and any advertisement for that purpose.
- Fanart is never to be sold unless I and Commissioner both receive written permission. Period. If work is sold I am not responsible and cannot be upheld in court for copyright infringement.
- I don’t demand any extra payment for rights to use my artwork, unless there is a reason for me to receive royalties (so generally not).
- Fees of 20% of original payment/6 months are to be paid to me if used outside of decided use. This does also apply to copyright holders.
- Above terms exist to protect my rights in Swedish court, and elsewhere, but I’m generous of what the art can be used for.
- For legal reasons and tax declaration, I will keep copies of:
– The conversation about the commission instead of a contract (screenshots or emails)
– PayPal receipts
– Any email address I have
- Artwork may be delayed because of:
– Death or illness of a loved one
– Technical issues
– Extreme weather (where I live that’s most likely a snowstorm resulting in electricity going out)
– Anything I can’t control
- The terms and policy may be changed at any time without notice, though I will try to let current Commissioners know.
- I reserve the right to refuse a commission request with no explanation as to why.
- Commissioner agrees to these terms upon commissioning.